Monday, May 24, 2010

Cantina Report

Hi, ya. Cantina report here. I know the Cantina Los Caballitos (and Cantina Dos Segundos) can be hit or miss, but they sure are great places to get a pitcher of margaritas and while away the afternoon.

It's been a while since I ducked into the Cantina on Passyunk, but this last time there was a new-to-me menu item — seitan anticuchos with quinoa salad.

Verdict: hit!

Yum, yum, and yum. The Cantina serves mostly Mexican influenced food, but this dish of sesame seed crusted, sweet rum glazed seitan skewers, and sweet quinoa salad studded with carrots and yucca is a vegan take on anticuchos, Peruvian grilled meat on a stick.

I actually did a double take on the crispy seitan, because I swore there was a fatty layer like pork has, and the edges were just so damn crispy and tasty. Nope. It was seitan. How did they do that? And can I have some more?

Cantina Los Caballitos
1651 E Passyunk Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19148

215-755-3550

No comments:

Post a Comment