Sunday, May 9, 2010

Three Sister's Becca Bar

Here's an interesting confection, the likes of which I've never seen before getting a sample from Three Sister's Chocolate. It's called a Becca Bar, and it combines the best of chocolate with the best of going to the movies- a massive wedge of caramel and popcorn, mainly focusing on the former, enrobed in dark chocolate with white chocolate stripes.I think it goes without saying that only Chuck Norris can finish this bar in one sitting. Personally, I delighted in cutting wedges off and sharing them with friends. The inner caramel is extremely chewy and sweet. I think I might have liked a sprinkling of sea salt on top to contrast the sweetness, but the dark chocolate did a good job of that, too. The pieces of popcorn are very crispy and full. They've only used the mushroom variety of popcorn, so the pieces are big and fluffy. I wished that there was more popcorn in the caramel, because it was definitely mainly that. It was just a solid brick of candy.The chocolate, in a surprisingly thick later on the outside, was a good, woodsy contrast to the sugary inside and also had less of a coconut flavor than some chocolates I've had. It was good. It took me a while to chip away at it, though. Becca Bars are daunting for the average person, and I'd definitely recommend cutting yours into little "Becca Bites" or eating it over the course of a few days.

These and other delicious treats are available online at www.3sisterschocolate.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment