Sunday, May 27, 2007

FoodSource Closing

FoodSource, an obscenely overpriced gourmet food market in Wilmington, is going out of business. They sucked for sucking money out of my wallet when I needed to stop in for one item, instead of drive to the other side of town to go to my normal grocery store. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass.

The web site doesn’t mention the closing at all! I called, and it looks like the Bryn Mawr and Glen Mills locations are not going out of business; just the Wilmington location. Janssen's Market, an equally obscenely overpriced gourmet food market from down the street, is going to take over the location.

FoodSource does have a 50% off sale going on. Maybe it will drop even lower in the coming days. So, I stocked up on all the hoity toity bottles of gourmet mustards and other condiments that I drool over, but don’t want to spend $10 a bottle for. I also wiped them out of Greek Haloumi and Kasseri cheese, which will be great for the grilling season. Lots of other stuff was bought – almost $400 worth or gourmet foods at half price. Yeah, I went a little crazy. If you’re in Wilmington and need some truffle honey, hurry up. It’s going fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment