Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dancing Deer Pancake and Waffle Mix


Oh, dear.

Oh...DEER.

I think...I think I have a problem. I think I have a serious addiction to this mix.

I opened the door this afternoon and a box was here! It was from the wonderful, wonderful Julie Kelley at Dancing Deer. I'd contacted them about my blog and she had graciously sent over a box of samples for me.


The box was adorable, first off. You can't see it, but it says, "Jess, The Foodette" on the sending label, and has little pictures of what else? Dancing deer all over the place.


Inside the box was a lovely note from Julie and a 10% coupon off my next purchase- definitely going to use that!

Inside the box were a few things- Dancing Deer Pancake and Waffle Mix, today's review, and Dancing Deer Dark Gingerbread Cake, tomorrow's review, or later tonight if you're very good.


I decided to try the pancake and waffle mix first. I mixed it up- seriously, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that this FINE WHITE POWDER is addictive and incredible.


It smelled delightful when I mixed it- really fresh, and I halved the recipe, too. I used half an egg, 1/3 cup of milk, and one tablespoon of butter and it made four large pancakes for me- more than enough with a small amount of mix, half a cup.


So I ate the pancakes with butter and syrup, my topping of choice, but next time I make these, or maybe when I make waffles, I'll use their suggestion of dark maple syrup, berries, honeycomb, and toasted nuts. I've never had honeycomb with breakfast. Sounds good.


The funny thing about these pancakes- the really, really funny thing, was that they tastes spot on exactly, down to the crisp on the edge and that homey, sweet flavor of my now deceased grandfather's Swedish pancakes, the ones he'd make every morning, literal hundreds of them depending on the number of guests we'd have. I have all confidence that if I made these in the Swedish pancake pan, it would be like having him home again, making his little pancakes.

I feel like I need to...sue this company. Don't they know that I have prom in less than a month, and that I'm going to eat all of this in a matter of minutes? I could inhale these pancakes. Seriously. They're the most incredible pancakes I've ever had, and I've been to bed and breakfasts and had some serious chefs in the family.

So, Dancing Deer, your addictive white powder- er, pancake and waffle mix brought back some really fantastic memories for me AND fed me the most delicious pancakes I've ever had. They were fluffy, a little crispy, and cooked really well. I kept poking them, because all the other boxed pancakes I make turn out raw, and I ate them, wondering, where's the goop in the middle?

There was no goop, readers. A goopless, delicious mix. A hit from Dancing Deer.



10/10- ORGASMIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment