Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pimento Cheese Happy Dance

You don't know how excited I am to see the presence of grocery store pimento cheese at the newly re-fabbed Superfresh on 5th and Pine St. in Philly! I've kept my eyes peeled for tubs of this glowing orange cheese spread for the past seven years since arriving in the area, and have yet to spy one*.

Make no mistake about it, grocery store pimento cheese** is not a thing like real pimento cheese - saying grocery store pimento cheese tastes like real pimento cheese is like saying Nacho Doritos tastes like cheese nachos - but this junk food is a guilty pleasure of mine that can now be had at any time (crossing fingers that it stays stocked), and not just when I go home to South Carolina once or twice a year.

*I can't be everywhere all the time, so let me know if you've spied pimento cheese being sold somewhere.

**Some grocery stores down South do carry real pimento cheese made by small local businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment