Thursday, April 23, 2009

Vodka Rosemary Lemonade Fizz

Are y'all rampin' up for the glorious stoop-squattin', patio-pimpin', get-up-n-grill weekend that's ahead of us (at least on the East Coast)? I am! I'm rampin' up so hard I'm writing this post blitzed!

Couldn't wait for the weekend, so I test drove a recipe for vodka rosemary lemonade fizz from the May 2009 issue of Gourmet. So glad I did, 'cause now I've got the lemon/rosemary syrup ready for this weekend.

The drink is essentially a rosemary infused sparkly lemonade (vodka optional, but come on...), and unlike many mixed drink recipes, I actually had the ingredients on hand. Win! And it actually tastes good - not that it's hard for any version of lemonade to taste good. Double win!

Vodka Rosemary Lemonade Fizz
adapted from Gourmet
serves about 5


I laughed at Gourmet's suggested 1 tablespoon of vodka per serving - that's about half a small shot! I won't even suggest an amount of vodka to use; just use your own judgment. I also like mine more lemony, so upped the syrup.

1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup sugar
2 (8-inch) rosemary sprigs, plus more for garnish
vodka
seltzer
  • In a small pan, bring lemon juice, sugar, and rosemary to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Take off heat, and let cool to room temperature.
  • Fill each 8-ounce drinking glass half full with ice, add 3 tablespoons of lemon/rosemary syrup, and vodka to taste. Top off with seltzer, and give the drink a stir. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment