Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Combinations: Chicken and Ham

Here's another little lunch set. I ate this for dinner last night. Really, it's quite substantial and I'm pleased with the presentation.

The chicken was the same, and the ham was a little gamier than I would have liked it. The photo on the outside depicted flaky shavings of ham, but the pieces inside were floppy and a little tough. A lot of water, too, from the water packed. Not bad, though.

The crackers and cheese were the same. Really, the only difference in this was the addition of the ham and the omission of the turkey. I wish that the cheeses had been different, like a pepper jack or a havarti, or even a mozzarella. Anything. The swiss was nice but the more I ate it, the more I disliked the cheddar. It just wasn't as sharp as I would have enjoyed, which was a shame.

I'll be trying more of these in the future. I have a few Oscar Mayer Deli Creations, and as a sandwich snob, we'll see how those work out for their price and taste. I have a few Lunchables, too, and they might or might not compare to the Deli Fresh ones...

5/10- AVERAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment