Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Corn Pancakes

Here's a delicious breakfast recipe that I love to make in the winter. It's a really excellent and tasty treat that I learned about and emulated after eating them at Sutton's Marketplace at Lake George, NY.

Ingredients (serves 4)
1 1/4 cup milk
5 tablespoons butter
1 cup of corn
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 cup of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of canola oil
1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese

1. Melt butter in a pan on the stove and slowly mix in milk and corn until all are mixed and are starting to smell delicious. Turn off the heat and cool the milk mixture. Beat eggs and add to milk.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together with cheese.
3. Add flour mixture to milk mixture, and stir until gently combined.
4. Pour pancakes into pan when pan is ready and hot, and cook until bubbles ride, yadda yadda, and cheese is crispy and bubbling.
5. Eat. With butter and syrup. Trust me.

My dogs were howling for corn pancakes by the time I was done, they were howling down the house, and how could you begrudge your dogs corn pancakes? How, I say? So I made one for myself, with butter and syrup- one's enough for me, they're filling and thick, and one for the dogs to share, the Sisters Foodette, without the extraneous toppings.
Enjoy your breakfasts, children, and share them with your howling dogs.

Foodette

No comments:

Post a Comment