Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dining Commons Hacks, Part I

I'm a college student, blah blah blah, you all know the drill, and I eat the meal plan that the college provides, because my parents don't want to foot a grocery bill that leads me to either stocking up on Fritos and Gatorade and blimping out or turning into some strange culinary excursion that burns down the dorm. (It's for my own safety.) So I have this meal plan, and where it's really nice to have food that is unlimited, always available, and in a buffet-style, I find that a lot of the time, it gets boring, isn't always fresh, and lacks in quality, so I have to spice things up a little. So, without further ado, I present to you, Foodette's Unofficial Guide to Standard Dining Commons Hacks, Part I.

Breakfast is only served for so many hours at UMass, but the waffle machine is left on all day. And sometimes I crave breakfast at strange hours of the night, like when things like chicken fingers are served. The results have been amazing. For instance? Chicken fingers. Waffles. Chicken and waffles. It was delicious. Oh, it was delicious. Especially with hot sauce.

But my piece de resistance so far has been sneaking things into the waffle machine, you know?

Like...

I don't know, things like...BACON!


No comments:

Post a Comment