Friday, December 11, 2009

The Twelve Days of Slurpees: 5 Fanta Pina Colada Slurpees

Death Cake and I spent an inordinately awesome amount of time together today and thus, got more than one Slurpee, and also made the cheesecake you can now see while I catch up on the last two days of posts, no?

So this is another Fanta Slurpee, and for lack of posterity, I am changing some of the titles to reflect the Slurpee injustice to make this the Twelve Days of Slurpees, so by my math, I should only be subjecting you to 7 more of these, I promise.

This is a Pina Colada Slurpee, and it made me laugh, because in addition to there being a larger than average gay and lesbian population in Amherst and Northampton, there also appears to be a larger than average sadist and asshole population. The temperature is no higher than 26 degrees on a good day and it's still a freaking Slurpee, and Pina Colada is a drink for cruises. Could it get any worse?

The drink's not bad. It really isn't. There are nice elements of coconut and pineapple, less pineapple than "generic acidic sour flavor that children love," and a strange, lemony, Pine Sol bordering on granita flavor that I also detected, too. As usual, the slushy texture is unto its own and is always appreciated. I liked this one. The creaminess came out a lot more and went together pretty well with the coconut, making it a little better than the other drinks where creaminess didn't really make sense. Plus, this specific 'Slevin only had Gulps and they sold them for $1 apiece. It was awesome. And it looks like snow! It's sooooo festive, because WE TOTALLY DON'T HAVE ANY OF THAT AROUND HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment