Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mom's Mac and Cheese

Mac and cheese. It's the name of my blog, and one of my favorite foods. But only if my Mom makes it. Or someone else makes it in the Southern style and it comes close to Mom's. It has been known to happen.

I started this blog off with a recipe post for my Mom's mac and cheese. The only thing is that there are no measurements to the recipe, and that makes fixing any dish a tad difficult if you're not familiar with the end results.

There still are no measurements, but I thought I'd illustrate the recipe in way too many step-by-step pictures, you know, all Pioneer Woman-like. I learned this recipe by watching and now you can, too.

At home for Thanksgiving, I snapped away as my Mom made mac and cheese one evening. Take it away, Mom! To start with, being a cute, little ol' mom increases the odds of this dish coming out bangin'.
Cube some sharp Cheddar cheese into a casserole dish.
Add some flour.
Add some butter or margarine.
Add one or two eggs. She added one to start.
Add salt and pepper.
Add still-warm, cooked noodles and give it a stir. The heat from the noodles and the stirring will melt the butter.
You know, one more egg and a little more cheese will do the trick.
Add milk.
It's more milk than you think. The noodles are almost covered by the milk.
Slap it in a 350 degree oven until it comes out bubbly and slightly browned.
Give evil glares to the person who went in for thirds, not leaving you much to eat the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment