Saturday, September 11, 2010

UHA Cream Soda Puccho

Cream Soda Puccho

It's been a little while since my last post because my husband and I took a delayed summer vacation to Seattle, Washington. Seattle was so green and beautiful, and we lucked into some great weather. I picked up some chocolates and candies to review, so I'll get right to it.

There is a fairly large Japanese population in the Seattle (and Vancouver) area. I picked up this Puccho flavor at one of the many Asian shopping centers because melon flavors are usually a good bet for me. In Japan, cream soda almost always means melon cream soda; the melon is implied.

Cream Soda Puccho

The candies had a very muted color scheme, with pale green stripes on white. Some of the signature Puccho tough jelly balls were visible as well. There was a faint fruity smell, abut the taste was stronger. The flavor was mild honeydew melon with hint of citrus and cream.

Along with the tough jellies, there were some fizzy powder pellets that had a nice, tangy citric acid flavor. The fizz was pretty sharp and powerful, but short lived. I'm a big fan of melon flavor and fizzy candy, so this Puccho was definitely to my liking!

A-

UHA website

No comments:

Post a Comment