Friday, January 29, 2010

Blogiversary. Yet, Again.

As I enter my fifth year of food blogging, it's time to take the annual look back at the previous year's posts. A heartfelt thank you to all who stop by to read my gibberish, and an even bigger thank you to those who leave comments. Well...not the spammers.

Favorite Posts
A labor of (didn't quite) love (it), I put a lot of time into researching Cincinati Chili. I spread the word of my BoBerry love. And, did you know that I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches?

Best Restaurant DishesThe simple combo of salty Halloumi and sweet date jam at Zahav is so good,I hope they never take it off the menu. This deviled egg junkie would like to give props to Supper for their deviled egg happy hour. Not from a restaurant, but from a couple of ladies who dish up raw food at monthly meet-ups, this raw apple crisp was the best dessert I ate out the entire year.

Best Restaurant
What I really meant to talk about under Best Restaurant Dishes was Bebe's...but I had to spread some love around. Bebe's is killin' it when it comes to Southern cooking. I'm talking about their all-vegetarian sides of course, and their mac and cheese in particular. And don't forget dessert. Meat eaters say they're killin' it in the barbecue department, too.

Favorite Dessert Recipes
The whole bbq fever in Philly last year had me disappointed with the banana pudding offerings (Bebe's got it right), so I posted a banana pudding recipe to show 'em how it's done. Gingerbread pudding cake became my bestest snuggle buddy. Chick-O-Stick ice cream? O-yeah!

Favorite Recipe...Ever!Mac and cheese, of course! And, it's made by my cute lil' ol' Mom. She sends her love.

Most Popular PostsBut who cares what I think. The most viewed posts from 2009 were recipes for donut muffins, charoset truffles, and tomato pie.

Judge and Be JudgedLoads of fun was had being a judge at A Full Plate's Annual Rib Cook Off, as well as at an Iron Cupcake Challenge in New Jersey. Nervous at my first public speaking as a food blogger during 215 Festival's Food Blogger Brunch, I quickly got over it and couldn't shut my mouth.

BurgersHave y'all been to a Burger Club Philly meating put on by the Burgerbaroness? You should. It got me thinking about how I was unfamiliar with the Philly veggie burger scene. Many meatings have veg burgers, so I love to go and skew the ratings (usually down). Veggie burgers I've eaten this year (not all with BCP) include those at: National Mechanics, SquareBurger, Sketch, PYT, The P.O.P.E., and two more that I haven't posted yet. Oops.

VacationA free trip to St. Martin was lovely, even if Lyme disease fudged the end of the trip. (Eat more deer, all y'all meat-eaters!) This time last year I was in Belize having the time of my life. Now I'm just perma-stay-cationing in Philly.

No comments:

Post a Comment