Sunday, January 31, 2010

Peanut Butter Creme Oreo Cakesters

These are like Decepticons. When I opened the package to eat them, I expected them to be better than regular Cakesters, which have typically been dry and puck like, so I was hoping the extra oil in the peanut butter would be enough to make them softer.
Unfortunately, I wasn't very conscientious. I failed to notice that these were peanut butter creme flavored, making them artificial and tasting of sugary, confectionery neglect. The cakes themselves were a little softer, and when I opened the package, I was very excited. I could smell the peanut butter from across my desk, so of course, I expected that the peanut butter would naturally be in the cakes themselves.
Not so. There was a greasiness, a lardy, filmy consistency that stayed in my mouth, and a sugar high that stayed, too, but no lasting peanut butter flavor at all. The cakes were chocolate flavored and didn't remind me of Oreos. Probably great snacks for lunchboxes. I was just disappointed at the sugar flavor of the peanut butter filling. It was too whipped and not dense enough for me. It was great that they finally got the cake formula down, but that the filling is now crappy irritates the living daylights out of me.
On the plus side, I'm now experimenting with getting the detritus out of my photos! Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment