Monday, January 18, 2010

Minute Maid Cherry Limeade


I found it! I found it! I found it, while quietly...well, not really quietly, but while boisterously adventuring through my local Target, found it with Erik! I'd been on a quest for this mythical cherry limeade, as this might just be my favorite beverage in the entire universe, aside from really excellent chocolate milk or a good Riesling, and without even looking for it, like the Holy Grail or innuendo in Disney movies, there it was.

We bought it to eat with dinner that night, made by yours truly, and consumed it in the finest of glasses, plastic cups, to allow it to breathe and cultivate. Nom nom nom. The juice was quite pleasant, but deceptive. It wasn't syrupy or thick, and was light, like some light juices, but unfortunately, wasn't light in the sugary content. It boasts 44 grams of sugar per 8 oz. serving.

Fortunately, though, we really didn't give a crap. The cherry flavor is pronounced enough to add a little bit of a sweetness to the sourness of the lime, and the entire drink is really refreshing, but not too light to seem watered down. It's flavorful and tasty, and we enjoyed it immensely. Now if only I could find this in cans, my life will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment