Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kitty Bread Heads

Gonna gloat here and say...I haven't bought a loaf of bread in months! This is big because I eat a sandwich for lunch five days a week, no fail. I've been making my own bread in a bread machine -- a monstrously large unitasker that I don't recommend anyone purchasing, but I just so happen to have one, so am using it.

Lately, though, I've gotten so used to the recipe I use that I haven't been measuring all of the ingredients precisely, and think my fervent squeezing of the agave nectar bottle straight into the pan instead of measuring into tablespoons has gotten the yeast super excited so that the dough rises too high and then falls during baking. That's my theory, anyway.

When sliced, these sunken-center loaves yield...kitty heads!

This slice came from a particularly kitten-like loaf, and, I swear, I almost didn't go to work because the uncontrollable desire to make a slew of kitty faces on the slices of bread overcame me as I was making my real sandwich. I had no time for such shenanigans, but ran home immediately after a long day of work and kitty bread heads on the brain, and made this fine specimen of cartoon food*.

That's all! Nothing serious here.

*Making cartoons with food rarely afflicts me, but for more silliness check my seitan cartoon. Sadly, no one got that reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment