Saturday, May 2, 2009

Meiji Pucca Salt and Creamy Caramel

Pucca Creamy Caramel

Meiji is one of my favorite Japanese snack brands, but I had never tried Pucca before. I picked this up at a Japanese grocery store because my husband and I like limited edition snacks, and caramel is usually pretty good.

It seems like every company has a snack like Pucca, such as Koala's March or Hello Panda (which is also Meiji). However, Pucca is made with a pretzel shell instead of a cookie shell. They come in two shapes, as far as I could tell; one looked like a fish and the other looked like an octopus.

Pucca

They smelled like caramel and pretzels, or like a very salty caramel. The fish and octopus shapes were really cute! The caramel cream was sweet and salty with a slightly cool feeling. My husband thought they had a cheese-like consistency. The pretzel was thin and crunchy, and the salt grains added a nice balance to the caramel.

I wish I had tried Pucca sooner! It wasn't too sweet, and the pretzel complimented the creamy filling very well. I was really pleased with these, and even though they weren't my favorite, I would definitely try other flavors.

A-

Meiji website (Japanese)

No comments:

Post a Comment