Monday, May 25, 2009

Sargento 2% Milk Reduced Fat Medium Cheddar Cheese


This is a good cheese, courtesy of the people at Sargento.

It's a nice cheddar cheese, with a sharp flavor. You don't really notice the reduced fat part in the flavor, but it does come out in the texture.

Where I'd rather use a full-fat cheese for things like crackers and cheese, for something a little softer, this is a firm cheese that melts up well. I made a few things with it, and I found that I didn't really like it in a cold cut sandwich- it just wasn't soft enough, but that it was quite tasty when melted or grilled. It made one of the best grilled cheeses I've ever had. I found that it was actually better than a full-fat cheese when melted because of its dryness, and it didn't leave as much grease behind.

Regardless of texture, the flavor is still bold, sharp, and very tasty. This is a winner. The pre-slicing is great, too.

8/10- VERY TASTY

No comments:

Post a Comment