Sunday, May 31, 2009

Welch's 100% Grape Juice

My mother buys lite juices, so I was not prepared for the flavor and taste of this. I've been drinking a lot of powdered "single" drink mixes, like Crystal Light and such.

The drink is a dark, deep purple. It's a really syrupy texture, which I didn't like. It was sent to me as part of a wonderful little promotional package of Welch's Juice, along with a tote bag, a pen, a magnet, and three other bottles of juice, with a selection of white and red grape. Very generous!

The flavor was unmistakably 100% grape, and it was a very good grapey taste. Heavy grape aroma, too. I don't know. The juice was good, much better cold than warm, but it just tasted a lot like Dimetapp cough medicine, with that syrupy texture. In the future, if I have this again, I'll either buy the "lite" version or dilute this a little. I was just turned off by the texture.

3/10- ICKY

No comments:

Post a Comment