Tuesday, May 26, 2009

PB&P Sandwich

Is there a "gross" sandwich that you enjoy? You know, one that cannot be found on menus, so has to be made at home. And when I say home, I mean alone so as not to be mocked.

Mine is a peanut butter and pickle sandwich, and I am far from alone (just google it!) in craving this particularly glorious and satisfying juxtaposition of creamy and sweet peanut butter with crunchy and salty dill pickles. Some prefer the sandwich with sweet pickles, but I prefer dill.

I was introduced to this sandwich by a friend in high school (no, we weren't stoned), and instantly thought my friend was bonkers, but, being open minded, made myself one as well. Fabulous!

A little different than most peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, I make mine on a hot dog bun. Hot dog buns seem perfectly made for pickle spears, and five or so bites is all I really need to satisfy the occasional craving for this sandwich.

So, what absolutely fabulous "gross" sandwich do you make for yourself when no one is watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment